Tjena ! ( English boy in Stockhom )

MaScoot

kast me' liten bomullstuss
Gick med
24 May 2005
Hoj
Triumph Speed Triple 2013, Honda Fireblade 954rr 2003
You can do the written test (Kunskapsprovet) in pretty much all of the strangest languages available to mankind...even English :D

Cut&paste from Vägverket:
Kunskapsprovet finns översatt till följande utländska spåk: albanska, arabiska, bosniska, engelska, finska, franska, kroatiska, krumanji, persiska, serbiska, sorani, spanska, turkiska och tyska. Dessa prov kan inte bokas via Internet. Kontakta Vägverket för bokning.

Byreka

Ny medlem
Gick med
24 May 2008
Hoj
ZX9R F1
You can do the written test (Kunskapsprovet) in pretty much all of the strangest languages available to mankind...even English :D

Cut&paste from Vägverket:
Kunskapsprovet finns översatt till följande utländska spåk: albanska, arabiska, bosniska, engelska, finska, franska, kroatiska, krumanji, persiska, serbiska, sorani, spanska, turkiska och tyska. Dessa prov kan inte bokas via Internet. Kontakta Vägverket för bokning.

Yes, this is what i've been telling them all the time but the three telephone agents have all said no no no no, you can only do the "A" class motorcycle test in Swedish.. Have any of you non-swedes done the test in English ?

They sent me out a letter today stating that i "could" have a translator but... i either need to be "dyslexiomradet" or have someone from an SFI school explain why i cannot do the test in Swedish...As im learning privatly, i got my private teacher "Min Sambo" to explain in thier form that i am unable at this stage to complete the or any test in Swedish.. So, hopefully that will work out but...There's a chance it wont...

But, yes, has anyone here done the test for "A" in English ?

Dreggel

Alltid politiskt inkorrekt
Gick med
9 Jun 2007
Hoj
Suzuki GSXR750 1993/95, Suzuki GSXR1000 K6
Just got to find some storage close-by Hägersten. I dont like the idea of my baby being outside, and un-used for longer than a month...

I live in your area aswell and there arn't much of storage or garages around I'm afraid. There are a few forum threads up about it and there has been discussions about joining forces to find something, but the problem is that most of this area was built back in the 30's-40's and back then most people didn't own cars so they didn't care much about building garages. :huvet

Thinking about it I'm gonna start a thread and see how many we are in this area looking for bike storage.

Byreka

Ny medlem
Gick med
24 May 2008
Hoj
ZX9R F1
Just an update, for all that gave me advise and help on this issue. And thnx btw :tummenupp

After calling vagverket again and this time demading a translator, they sent me a form that a driving school has to sign just to say i cant do the test in Swedish and shabing shabang.... I now will have a translator... :yoparty

Maybe i'll actually get to ride this Summer, just maybe..keeping positive :tungan

thanks again!

Shooter

www.bombrepa.se
Gick med
21 Apr 2008
Hoj
Tiger 800 XC
Det kan gå!

Just an update, for all that gave me advise and help on this issue. And thnx btw :tummenupp

After calling vagverket again and this time demading a translator, they sent me a form that a driving school has to sign just to say i cant do the test in Swedish and shabing shabang.... I now will have a translator... :yoparty

Maybe i'll actually get to ride this Summer, just maybe..keeping positive :tungan

thanks again!

Hope to give you some more hope by telling my "bike-story". I sent in the application for Körkortstillstånd in the middle of june last year. Got a time to do the theory-test in the beginning of august and then went straight to i think it was 6 double-lessons at Globens Trafikskola at Gullmarsplan. They helpt me and reserved a time for the drivingtest in the middle of september. I passed and got the licence! :yoparty (I bought my beast (OK, but its my first bike!) in the beginnig of august to help keep my motivation up...:D )

So go by my pace and you´ll be driving no later than august!

My teacher at Globen was Thomas, and i was very pleased with him, if you want an opinion regarding that. They also have pretty ok prices, if you compare with others...

Hope you understand my swenglish too, and wellcome to Stockholm! :)

Byreka

Ny medlem
Gick med
24 May 2008
Hoj
ZX9R F1
Hope to give you some more hope by telling my "bike-story". I sent in the application for Körkortstillstånd in the middle of june last year. Got a time to do the theory-test in the beginning of august and then went straight to i think it was 6 double-lessons at Globens Trafikskola at Gullmarsplan. They helpt me and reserved a time for the drivingtest in the middle of september. I passed and got the licence! :yoparty (I bought my beast (OK, but its my first bike!) in the beginnig of august to help keep my motivation up...:D )

So go by my pace and you´ll be driving no later than august!

My teacher at Globen was Thomas, and i was very pleased with him, if you want an opinion regarding that. They also have pretty ok prices, if you compare with others...

Hope you understand my swenglish too, and wellcome to Stockholm! :)

Very encouraging story indeed ! I did the same and bought my bike before i have my Swedsih license and i got alot of bad vibes from people thinking that i wasted my cash and so on... Screw them obviously :arsele

But yes! very encouraging and motivating! I will be riding by August!! Cant wait!

I will have a look at that school! Thanks for the words and the welcome :tummenupp

Shooter

www.bombrepa.se
Gick med
21 Apr 2008
Hoj
Tiger 800 XC
Very encouraging story indeed ! I did the same and bought my bike before i have my Swedsih license and i got alot of bad vibes from people thinking that i wasted my cash and so on... Screw them obviously :arsele

But yes! very encouraging and motivating! I will be riding by August!! Cant wait!

I will have a look at that school! Thanks for the words and the welcome :tummenupp

I passed Gullmarsplan efter i wrote my comment and saw that the correct name is Globens Trafikpedagoger.

Here´s how to find and contact them...

http://www.str.se/hemsidor/index.asp?strnr=2609&filial=

Good luck!:tummenupp

MaScoot

kast me' liten bomullstuss
Gick med
24 May 2005
Hoj
Triumph Speed Triple 2013, Honda Fireblade 954rr 2003
Another good tip is Grönlunds out in Väster Haninge. It's too far from VH into town so you won't be riding in city traffic during the lesson...all they have is a roundabout out there :)
You'll be spending most of your lessons on "Slingerbulten" which is one of the best twisty roads in Stockholm. When time for the test comes it'll be taken on the exact same roads that you took your lessons on.
Plus!...Grönlunds just take one pupil out at a time i.e. you'll be riding 100% of the lesson.....some bullshit schools take out two pupils which means that you'll be taking turns riding i.e. 50% of the lesson will be spent staring into your instructors helmet.. :huvet

Nyheter
Boka provkörning under Start2Ride nu

Under helgen arrangerar mot...

Dags för 2024 års Start2Ride

Kommande helg arrangerar mo...

Härlig uppslutning på kortegen i Sydnärke!

Den traditionsenliga mc-kor...

Eldrivna Oruga Unitrack

Oruga Unitrack, en motorcyk...

Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya storsatsar

Gran Premi de Catalunya Mot...

Lunchhälsning från Merzouga!

Bästa ökenguiden, Jordi Arc...

Rapport från Marocko: Dag 1

Vi bekantar oss med lokalin...

Godmorgon från Erfoud!

Provkörning pågår: läckra Yamaha XSR 900 GP

Sandy kör XSR 900 GP All...

Bike på Ténéré Spirit Experience i Marocko!

Yamahas fabriksteam i Rally...