carb balancer

Zantoz_SWE

Kiss my axe
Gick med
1 Apr 2009
Ort
Route 134 near Atvidaberg
Hoj
2005 R1
hi there,
does anyone have a carb/ throttle bodies balancer I could borrow? Maybe for a couple of days, or over the weekend.

Seems the R1 got the flu and I am trying to sort it out.

cheers
 
try sending R2 here on the site a pm . he made a carb balanser himself and it worked perfect.. maybe he can give you some help .. it was basicly a plastic hose with fluid in it and markings to keep track on things..

good luck
 
And always thought the ones with injectors had throttlebodies and not carbs... :hihi

Still need syncing though
 
its got throttle bodies but its the exact same tool. Thats why I said carb/throttle bodies in the original message to AVOID the thread going into that direction :) of course I failed.
 
You know that there was a recall for R1 -05 where they replaced the TPS ?
Is that done with your bike?
 
You know that there was a recall for R1 -05 where they replaced the TPS ?
Is that done with your bike?

AHA!. I didnt know about that. Just checked online. Yes there was such a recall which might explain the problems I am having with the throttle. Not sure if It has been done on mine but I ll find out.
Thanks

by the way. The problem I am having is this. About 2-3 weeks ago, I noticed that when riding and revving up through 5000 rpms the bike would cut off for a second and then jump forward. As if you close and open the throttle very fast (or as if no fuel was fed in for a moment).

This happens about 30 minutes into the ride. The next time I went for a ride, it hit at 7000rpm so its not the same rpm number every time. And when I was coming home the bike just totally cut out!! Electronics, lights everything.!!!

I thought it was EXUP valve, but no. Then air-filter but no. So maybe its the TPS. I ll check that out.
 
Last edited:
Also, is there a sure way I can find out if I have the old style TPS or the new TPS? I know its only the primary one that needed to be changed and I heard somewhere that the voltages may be different. I have also found some serial numbers.

Any other way?
 
Also, is there a sure way I can find out if I have the old style TPS or the new TPS? I know its only the primary one that needed to be changed and I heard somewhere that the voltages may be different. I have also found some serial numbers.

Any other way?

I think they marked the bike with an extra star stamped by the framenumber.
 
Back in action!!!!

Well folks, I am back in action. Just had the TPS fix from Yamaha (at no cost :tummenupp ) from Beviks and the bike is alive again.

Not sure how you understood that was the problem Stefan before I even describe the symptoms....but :Bugar

:tummenupp
 
Nyheter
Seriösa mc-kläder till bra pris

Raven Moravia TX Air+: Seri...

Márquez obeveklig i Misano

Misano gav Márquez hans fem...

Yamaha R7-vinnarens rapport: ”Ett riktigt monster på kurviga landsvägar!”

På MC-mässan i vintras anor...

Nisse Hedlund bortgången

Den legendariske motorkonst...

En dag på dragstrippen

Efter att ha varit aktiv so...

Steve McQueens Scott Squirrel till salu

Detta Scott Flying Squirrel...

Dags för Strängnäs Bike Show!

Sista lördagen i augusti är...

Bikeweekend på Kjula denna helg

Den 22-23 augusti är det da...

Motorcycle Inferno #8

Den 5 september blir Laxhol...

Tiotusentals körde Mälaren Runt

Lördagen den 15 augusti gen...

Back
Top