Minisen...

Cat

Spinner som en katt...klöser som en puma
Gick med
13 Oct 2004
På landet...i ett hus vid skogens slut...
Hoj
Harley 1340 till gata & strip. Och så lite kärlek på gubbens Super Twin Nitro bike + ett par lik-hojar
...behöver spännas och fixas till för att bli körklar. Me not that duktig på sånt...nån som kan och vill hjälpa till?
Saft & bulle utlovas som tack för hjälpen :)

crazy martin

Ny medlem
Gick med
4 Jun 2004
Hoj
tl1000s bad matherfucker
Cat skrev:
...behöver spännas och fixas till för att bli körklar. Me not that duktig på sånt...nån som kan och vill hjälpa till?

vad e det som behovs att göra egentligen? kanske kan hjälpa dig

bebbe

Ehhhh
Gick med
11 Mar 2003
Hoj
Nej
Hade kunnat hjälpa till men Malmö är lite väl långt. Finns säkert några duktiga mekar där nere som kan fixa lite :tummenupp

Ps; i övrigt så är det ett bra objekt att lära sig skruva med :)

Cat

Gick med
13 Oct 2004
Hoj
Harley 1340 till gata & strip. Och så lite kärlek på gubbens Super Twin Nitro bike + ett par lik-hojar
crazy martin skrev:
vad e det som behovs att göra egentligen? kanske kan hjälpa dig

ehh...hade hoppats på att någon annan kanske visste vad som ska göras.. :rolleyes: själv har jag inte en susning...

men det är väl att kolla så allting är som det ska, t.ex kedja och bromsar, och att alla skruvar är ordentligt spända och så... tror jag :confused:

bebbe

Ehhhh
Gick med
11 Mar 2003
Hoj
Nej
Detta kanske kan hjälpa :)

saxat från
http://www.pocketbikeplanet.com/showthread.php?t=488

How-To's: When you first get your Cag

First thing to do, is to read over the manual. It may not be great (9 times out of 10, it’s the same manual they copied from Blata), but it will give some useful information on what the bike is about.

Look over the bike and take notice of the parts that you will either be upgrading or fixing in the future. Air filter (black box), carb (connected to the black box), exhaust (muffler and expansion chamber), front and rear brakes, etc.

Keep in mind, that these bikes are poorly made from the factory, which means every new bike will have some flaws. Here are some steps that you should take before even attempting to start the bike.

1. Clean out the gas tank. Almost all cagllari pocketbikes have plastic debris inside the gas tank. If fuel is added to the tank without prior cleaning, the plastic shavings will get caught in the carb, and will clog up the holes (jet, pet*censored* holes, float bowl, etc). If this happens, performance will be greatly affected. Multiple problems such as bogging at WOT, low/high/rough idle, no power at any given throttle, etc. If you are experiencing any of these problems, most likely you have a clogged up carb and will need to take apart the carb and clean every single little hole and make sure its free from debris.

To clean out the gas tank, take out the top fairing (seat area). Since I have a FF Cag, I will include steps on how to take out the fairing for the FF cag. Its pretty much the same for the half fairing versions as well. The top fairing has 5 hex bolts, 4 on the seat, one located just ahead of the gas cap. Take them off and place them somewhere safe so you know where its at. Take off the gas cap as well. Once you have the fairing off, you will see the tank. Take off the fuel line that connects from the tank to the carb.

Once you have the tank in hand, shake it. You probably can hear the plastic shavings hitting against the inside of the tank. Rinse it out. I used water, but remember, water and fuel do not mix, therefore if you use water, make sure its completely dried before reinstalling. Use an air compressor or can of air to dry up everything inside. You can also use rubbing alcohol (dries up pretty fast), or even gas (to be safe) to rinse out the tank.

Install a fuel filter. Go to an auto parts store (i.e Napa, Autozone, etc.) and get a fuel filter. From Napa, the part number is #3011. It’s a paper element fuel filter, and small enough to install on the pocketbike. There are numerous fuel filters out in the market that are made for small engines. I chose to use a fuel filter with a micron mesh (stainless steel mesh). I bought mine from a motorcycle shop. If you do go to a motorcycle shop, just ask the sales personnel for a fuel filter that fits two stroke engines. Let them know you have a pocketbike and they’ll get you a fuel filter that’s small enough to fit in the pocketbike. Cost for the fuel filter ranges from $2.00 to $5.00. While you’re at the auto parts store or motorcycle shop, get some steel clamps that will fit a ¼ inch fuel line. You’ll need four of them to clamp on each end (one at the nozzle of the gas tank, two for each end of the fuel filter, and one at the fuel line that connects to the carb).

Cut out one end of the fuel line and connect the fuel filter (for the Napa fuel filter, make sure the arrow is pointed down). Take note on how much fuel line you’re cutting. Cutting too much will leave you without enough fuel line, and you’ll have to go buy a new one. If you do end up cutting too much fuel line, go to your auto parts store and find some high quality fuel line that has an Inside Diameter (I.D) of ¼ inch. They usually sell the steel braided reinforced fuel line. Those work great because the rubber they use is fuel resistant, which means the fuel will not eat up the inside and outside of the rubber.

At the other end of the fuel filter, connect the fuel line to the carb. Make sure you use the steel clamps to clamp down on the fuel line so the fuel won’t leak.

Install the fuel line and filter to the gas tank, make sure the fuel line isn’t kinked to where it will prevent fuel from going into the carb, bolt up the fairing, and you’re finished.

The reason for installing the fuel filter, is to prevent any accidental debris from getting into the carb. Also, this will make sure the fuel/oil mixture going into the carb, is clean at all times.

3. Loctite all the bolts you can. These bikes create a lot of vibration (the crank isn’t balanced, frame is not strong, etc.), and bolts will start to come loose at some point. The most important bolts to loctite will be the engine bolts. There are three underneath the engine, and also the top engine bolt that connects to the frame. Take those bolts off and put some loctite on them. This will help the bolts stay in tight. You can buy loctite (I use the blue loctite) at any auto parts store.

4. Adjust the handlebars and brakes to your liking. For the handlebars, there is usually just one nut to loosen and from there you will be able to adjust them accordingly. For the brakes, also, there is one nut where you can adjust the brake line to either increase or decrease tension. Check to make sure the wheels spin freely (both front and rear). For the rear, the wheel will spin at least 1.5 – 2 times before the clutch will start to grab and prevent the wheel from spinning freely.

5. Check the tire pressures for both tires and make sure they’re within the limits specified on the tire itself.

6. You’re ready to start the bike! Make sure to pull out about 2-3 inches of slack from the starter rope. This will make sure the claws are grabbing the flywheel good. Give a quick continuous pull. It should start within 3-4 pulls. If you’re good, one pull should be sufficed. Good luck and I hope this tutorial helped you out

Rogerr

Radical Touring
Gick med
6 Mar 2003
Hoj
Jo då
Cat skrev:

Det kan vi nog lösa.

Cat

Gick med
13 Oct 2004
Hoj
Rogerr skrev:
Det kan vi nog lösa.

Toppen!

Även om Bebbes insaxade "guide" verkar riktigt bra, så vill jag gärna hellre att någon som kan gör det, så lär jag mig av att glo på :3freak :)

bebbe

Ehhhh
Gick med
11 Mar 2003
Hoj
Nej
Cat skrev:
Toppen!

Även om Bebbes insaxade "guide" verkar riktigt bra, så vill jag gärna hellre att någon som kan gör det, så lär jag mig av att glo på :3freak :)

Japp, det är ju också ett sätt :tummenupp

Mr K

I win, you loose!
Gick med
6 Mar 2003
Hoj
GSXR750-07 & GSXR600-07
Cat skrev:
Toppen!

jag har en kortare variant .... kommer ...sen ...

CorbenDallas

Memento te mortalem esse!
Gick med
6 Mar 2003
Hoj
Två svarta och en röd
Cat skrev:
Toppen!

Man lär sig inget av att glo på. Gör det själv o visa att du kan.
Kan jag, kan du!

Rogerr

Radical Touring
Gick med
6 Mar 2003
Hoj
Jo då
CorbenDallas skrev:
Man lär sig inget av att glo på. Gör det själv o visa att du kan.
Kan jag, kan du!

Det var nog dagens sanning :lol
Där med inte sagt att Cat skulle ha svårt att lära sig. :D

Last edited:

Cat

Gick med
13 Oct 2004
Hoj
Ähh...ni kan plocka kånkelbär hela högen :arsele
Jag ska titta på Bebbes guide o greja det själv, så de´t så :tomten

Rogerr

Radical Touring
Gick med
6 Mar 2003
Hoj
Jo då
Cat skrev:
Nej, just det! ...Rogerr my homeboy :pannkyss

Enl. WF2k så handlar det väll om snickrare/hembyggare o de vet i f_n.

Men pussar tycker man ju om :)

Jag har samlat ihop lite litertur, men det handlar inte om att slå sig på tummen :( Utan att hitta bort från diket :tummenupp

Cat

Gick med
13 Oct 2004
Hoj
Så...nu står stackarn där då, helt naken, utan kåpor, tank eller sadel :( ...och fryser säkert också...och styret sitter fast med puntband *snyft* stackars liten.....

Nyheter
Custom Bike Show imorgon!

Portarna till campingen är ...

BMW visar upp konceptmodellen R20

BMW har visat upp på en hel...

Prövotid på AM-körkortet införs

En ändring i körkortslagen ...

2025 års motocrossmodeller från Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycles har p...

BMW visar upp konceptmodellen R20

BMW har visat upp på en hel...

Återträff för deltagarna på Carlbarks Spanienresor!

Carlbarks motor arrangerar ...

”Vårservice”!

Ibland hinner man inte rikt...

KTM 990 RC R på väg

KTM har presenterat prototy...

Bike Babes 10 år – bjuder in till mc-mässa

Fotograf: Lotta Kronåker ...

Bike Babes 10 år – bjuder in till mc-mässa

Fotograf: Lotta Kronåker ...