Help with sportbike?

iceice

Gudomlig sporthojare
Gick med
25 Jul 2007
Hoj
Honda Firestorm, Triumph Daytona 650, Aprilia RS 125
Bikes with more than 150 BHP are very expensive to insure. If you can settle for the CBR 919RR (1996->1999) that'll be much cheaper.

Klubba

Gudomlig sporthojare
Gick med
8 Apr 2007
Hoj
1290GT, K1200S
Bikes with more than 150 BHP are very expensive to insure. If you can settle for the CBR 919RR (1996->1999) that'll be much cheaper.

There are no such limits, insurance differs for everyone so people come to different conclusions all the time. For example a zx12r can be cheaper to insure than a zx9r, or even a zx6r, its pretty random.

Had a friend who seriously believed his insurance was way higher than mine because he was born in Poland, i tried to explain that it was more likely because he lives in an area with one of the highest crime rates in Sweden but it was futile, his mind was made up.

That being said a 919 is probably a lot cheaper than a 954 just because its older, generally older bikes are cheaper no matter how dangerous and scary they are to ride with high power combined with poor brakes and chassis

mkii

Sporthojsnörd
Gick med
16 Dec 2012
Hoj
Suzuki GSXR 750 2008
Just move to a nice suburb with low crime rates and you'llcut the insurance in half (depending on where you live) and also havethe nice roads nearby. :D

You are 100% correct my friend ;) :tummenupp

If you are going to be a supersport biker, moving might actually make your total economy (for the whole year) cheaper, some saves in the 10's of thousands of kronor in difference :tummenupp And it's so much closer to the nice country roads where WE (I a'm correct by entitle all riders to this I hope) love to be :banana

Force

Medlem
Gick med
29 Mar 2005
Hoj
Aprilia RSV1000R
Hi, I think you need to try to call or check online on all the insurance companies.

Here is my result list(I'm 26 and just had my license for 2 years, so your result should be MUCH lower)
License plate: TEC949(Honda CBR 954 RR 2002)

Company | FULL | HALF | TRAFIC

Folksam | 34236 | 26459 | -
IF | 76260 | 36000 | 30000
Trygghansa | 42829 | 35211 | 31808
Länsförsäkringar | 39118 |33939 | - (Smart)
Dina.se | - | - | 38236
Bilsport&MC Not available for sportbikes
Gjensidige Call only
Svedea Not available for sportbikes
Sveland Sak Call only

Triumphförsäkring Only Triumph
Suzukiförsäkring Only Suzuki

iceice

Gudomlig sporthojare
Gick med
25 Jul 2007
Hoj
Honda Firestorm, Triumph Daytona 650, Aprilia RS 125
I'm very close to 50 years old :tomten I've had my bike license 20+ years. I live in a town the size of Linköping.
A Honda CBR 954RR (TAE432) would cost my 8940:-/year (traffic+theft from Gjensidige).

Nyheter
Skönt häng på Rapidos öppet hus!

Idag höll Rapido MC, Stockh...

Högsta antalet viltolyckor på tio år

Under 2023 inrapporterades ...

Värva SMC-medlem – chans att vinna MC-resa till Nya Zeeland

Foto: Miles Holden Värva...

Hydet Dirt Drags istället för hillclimb 

Den 3 augusti i år har Hyde...

Dags för 50:e Custom Bike Show

Lördagen den 1 juni är det ...

Varning för potthål