Petition om Rossi - Marquez.

silja

Ljuset i tunneln kan vara ett tåg!
Gick med
16 Jan 2006
Hoj
Min Honda RVF400 -94 vid Point of Ayre, Isle of Man. Såld numera.
Valentino Rossi har överklagat sin dom med straffpoäng som utdelades vid senaste MotoGP-tävlingen på Sepang. Resultat av överklagandet meddelas tidigast 6/11 2015.

The sanction imposed by the Race Direction at the Malaysian GP is suspended for now, with a final decision expect Nov. 6th.

In appealing to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), Mr Rossi seeks annulment or reduction of the penalty. He further requests stay of execution of the decision in accordance with Article R37 of the Code of Sports-Related Arbitration.

Nu finns det en petition på internet som just då detta skrivs är underskriven av 724.600 personer i hela världen. Skriv under du också om du håller med förstås! Sparken som Viasat motors bisittare är ganska ensam om att ha sett, nämns i petitionen men enligt skrivelsen så har någon spark aldrig skett. Läs och begrunda! Själv vet jag inte riktigt vad jag skall tro men jag har inte sett någon spark i alla fall och jag har varit professionell videoredigerare i 25 år!

An Open Letter to CAS, FIM and DORNA
Petition Update

Nicholas Davis
Virginia Water, United Kingdom

2 Nov 2015 — For translations please use https://translate.google.com or visit https://www.facebook.com/FairMotoGPChampionship/ where a team of volunteer translators are working to complete translations in many languages. Thank you

An Open Letter for the Attention of :

Court of Arbitration for Sport, Lausanne, Switzerland
FIM (International Motorcycling Federation) : Mike Webb, Vito Ippolito
DORNA Sports: Carmelo Ezpeleta, Javier Alonso

cc. Yamaha: Lin Jarvis, William Favero

November 2nd 2015

Dear Sirs,

On Sunday October 25th 2015 we witnessed an unfortunate event in the Malaysia Motorcycle Grand Prix, which resulted in Valentino Rossi being sanctioned with a 3 point penalty.

The FIM issued Mr Rossi with 3 penalty points under Regulation 1.21.2 “Behaviour during Practice and Race” making the following statement …

“Motive : On the 25th of October 2015, during the MotoGP race of the Shell Malaysia Motorcycle Grand Prix, you deliberately ran wide on Turn 14 in order to force another rider off line, resulting in contact causing the other rider to crash.

This is considered to be irresponsible riding causing danger to other competitors and is therefore an infringement of article 1.21.2 (see below) of the FIM Road Racing World Championship Grand Prix Regulations.”

For reference Regulation 1.21.2 states “Riders must ride in a responsible manner which does not cause danger to other competitors or participants, either on track or in the pit lane.

Any infringement of this rule will be penalised with one the following penalties:

1) Penalty Points
2) Fine
3) Change of Position
4) Ride Through
5) Time Penalty
6) Drop of Any Number of Grid Positions at the Rider’s Next Race.
7) Disqualification
8) Withdrawal of Championship Points
9) Suspension”

The Petition

This penalty sent shock waves among the world’s MotoGP followers. We were so dismayed by this ruling that we felt compelled to begin a petition against the decision.

Over 700,000 people have already collectively signed this petition, and sub-petitions, all of which are publicly available to view on the website https://www.change.org/p/motogp-dor...-and-bring-back-integrity-to-the-championship.

We now wish to provide further explanation for the petition and ask, with all sincerity, that you give your full consideration to the points raised herein. We hope that this helps assist in achieving a just result when considering the appeal requested by Mr Valentino Rossi on Friday October 30th through the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).

………

Valentino Rossi (VR), rider 46, was riding responsibly when he slowed his pace in a controlled manner. He did so in order to alleviate the danger to both himself and Marc Marquez (MM), rider 93, that was being caused by MM’s continued aggressive/dangerous riding style of the previous 4 laps.

VR’s actions did not leave MM with only one option, i.e. to collide with VR. MM could have taken multiple other actions, but instead of avoiding contact he leant into VR. The collision and consequential fall of MM were the sole result of MM’s actions within the unfolding situation.

This is further evidenced by MM’s continuing race tactic to use his bike as a battering ram, as witnessed in many previous Grand Prix races; actions that are rarely seen in MotoGP from experienced and respectful Championship riders.

The suggestion that VR had kicked MM has not only been disproved by video evidence, but would also defy the laws of physics given the weight of both MM and his bike. If a kick had occurred the bike of MM would have fallen in a style closer to a high-side i.e. throwing the rider over the top instead of sliding him underneath the bike, which is what occurs when the front wheel washes out. The bike of VR would also have been pushed in the opposite direction to the force of any kick; this was not the case.

VR should never have been put in a position where it became necessary for him (VR) to deal with this situation. VR and his team management had on a number of occasions made attempts to get race control to address the growing problem of MM’s conduct.

October 18th 2015

It was reported by riders Valentino Rossi (Rider 46) and Andrea Ianonne (Rider 29) that, during the Phillip Island Grand Prix (October 18th), MM was intentionally slowing and manipulating the pace of the race, which in turn manipulates the Championship, bearing in mind that Valentino Rossi is the current Championship Leader.

MM made the statement denying that his slowing race was deliberate, claiming that he was losing front end control, but that it later came back to him and enabled him to lap more than a second-a-lap quicker than race leader Jorge Lorenzo and pass him all within one (final) lap. Such a claim/statement is an insult to the intelligence of all MotoGP fans.

The claims by Riders 46 and 29 were dismissed by the FIM.

October 22nd 2015

Rider 46 made a public statement of his concerns that rider 93 was intentionally riding to sabotage the championship. He then made a further statement that it was his intention, through his public statement, to make a declaration to MM and race officials, but still no action was taken by series’ officials.

October 24th

Massimo Meregalli of Yamaha went to Race Control to suggest they intervene to ease the simmering tensions between riders 46 and 93 prior to the Sepang Grand Prix. However, Race Control replied that it was not necessary to call the two riders.

October 25th

During the Sepang Grand Prix, MM continued the same unethical tactics with greater ferocity, manipulating, sabotaging and dangerous conduct causing VR to raise his hand to draw attention to it in Lap 6. MM did not take this opportunity to pass VR, neither did MM alter his riding style. No intervention was made by race officials at this point.

The continued aggressive and provoking riding of MM led VR to slow his pace in order to make eye contact with MM and express his frustration with MM’s actions. Had MM wished to pass VR, as was his claim, he had more than ample opportunity to do so. He at no point needed to follow VR’s line. He could have taken another line, but instead chose to ride into VR, making contact and resulting in him coming off his bike, as previously stated, as previously stated.

We would further point out Rider 93 then in contravention of rule 1.2.1.6 …

“If the Rider encounters a problem with the machine which will result in his retirement from the practice or the race, then he should not attempt to rejoin and tour at reduced speed to the pits, but should pull off the track and park his machine in a safe place as indicated by the marshals.”

This further brings into question MM's motives in the desperation to get back to the team so quickly. As with his being placed 4th at the time that he fell, almost the entire field would have had to negotiate him on his return journey.

Concerns

MM for a second time denied that his actions (this time at Sepang) had been intentional. This time, however, the FIM acknowledged that they could see MM had intentionally acted in this way, but still no penalty was made to MM on the basis that his passes were clean, no contact was made and that he had not broken any regulations.

Video footage, that is clearly available to you, shows frequent contact and his riding had caused VR to raise his hand on the lap previous to the Turn 14 incident.

These actions by MM show a clear intention of sabotage of Mr Rossi’s campaign and consequently the Championship. His actions have already affected the World Championship Outcome thus far by sabotaging the last two races, and if the sanction to VR remains, MM will have been successful in sabotaging and manipulating all of the 3 final races and Championship.

With this is mind, the lack of penalty to MM in addition to the penalisation of VR is endorsing and cementing the misplaced intentions of MM, and further condoning the corruption of the Championship by MM.

Since MM has reached appoint of no longer be able to retain his World Championship Title his behaviour and intentions, within the Championship, have become one of personal vendetta, as witnessed by the fans, to the extent that it is causing danger to other competitors and sinking the standard of the sport.

To allow the actions of MM to continue unchecked sends a message to the supporters of the sport that the Championship will bend to the reckless will and immature ethics of a single rider. A decision which is fuelling negative comments worldwide, about the sport, that surely no party wishes to see?

This is further amplified by the race officials overlooking the situation whereby Jorge Lorenzo (JL) passed Valentino Rossi on a yellow flag. VR turned his head to look at the marshal and reduced his speed; this is not the actions of a man who is prepared t do anything at any cost to win. Jorge Lorenzo did not slow and yet he was not penalised for this action, nor was he asked to drop a position. This is reinforcing a sense of a lack of fairness in the Championship. Even though it is a small incident in comparison to the Turn 14 incident, it still occurred without penalty.

If JL were to succeed in his pursuit of the Championship it surely should not be through the intentional sabotage of another rider; this would only serve JL with a dishonourable and tainted Championship success, which is a disservice to his season’s work and to the sport.

In summary

Rider 46’s actions were not dangerous and did not cause the collision and subsequent fall of rider 93; therefore rider 46 did not contravene regulation 1.21.2.

Rider 93 chose to willingly use and capitalise upon the actions of rider 46 in order to make rider contact yet again, whilst claiming the collision to be as a result of rider 46’s manoeuvre. Through rider 93’s own actions his bike fell; MM then immediately released a false statement of intent to fans and race officials.

All manner of rumours about the sport being corrupted and controlled by sponsor, manufacturer and national interests are circulating; alienating the fans and customers of the sport. We urge you to reverse this penalty, enabling VR to take his earned grid position, and return the sense of integrity to the sport so that the championship is clean and fair. And, we ask that you further consider removing MM from the final race, under Regulation 1.21.2, to ensure a safe final race.

On behalf of the 700,000+ petitioners and fans of MotoGP I thank you for your time in considering our petition.

Yours Sincerely
Nicholas Davis, UK
Massimo Iezzi, Italy

Last edited:

Japp

Det som skramlar sitter kvar!
Gick med
31 Jul 2013
Hoj
Aprilia RSV Mille "Black Betty" mfl
Nu håller vi tummarna!

Forza Vale!!

//A

Ulvhamne

Kraschmongo
Gick med
16 Oct 2010
Hoj
Literklubba, tjejhundra, och pendlarmoppe
Jag tycker väl iofs inte att utfallet ska påverkas av en popularitetsomröstning, utan ska utvärderas på egna meriter och data.

Ricken

Gudomlig sporthojare
Gick med
19 Apr 2004
Hoj
RC8/Husaberg 450/Varg SM/Navstyrd supermono
Finns ingen anledning att skriva under den.
Håller med dig Ulvs. Beslutet är taget, Rossi har överklagat och det kommer prövas innan fre.

Det blir vad det blir.

obruT

stolt stoltare (nu dubbelt så stoltast)
Gick med
6 Mar 2003
Hoj
Rd 500 -84 RD 500 -85 projekt TZR 250 -87 för vintern och en R1:a för bana som är till salu
Förstår inte hur maniska rossi fans kan bli/är.....(spark eller inte vad det fulaste jag sett i motogp/gp500) nä fy fan för rossi!

Japp

Det som skramlar sitter kvar!
Gick med
31 Jul 2013
Hoj
Aprilia RSV Mille "Black Betty" mfl
Ett par öppna frågor:

*Skulle man inte röra på benet om du just blev påkörd på det, eller kanske tappade fotpinnen pga påkörningen????

*Går det ens att "sparka av" en hoj i läget som visas? Ser mer ut som den lowsider för mig.

*Är det lämpligt att forcera när man ligger i ytterkurva? Alla vet att före + innerkurva bestämmer.

Men som sagt det är domaren som dömer, så vi får väl se.

//A

Zinik

Kaizen
Gick med
29 Apr 2009
Hoj
GSX-R med tankväska K6 & ZX12-R 2002
Ett par öppna frågor:

*Skulle man inte röra på benet om du just blev påkörd på det, eller kanske tappade fotpinnen pga påkörningen????

*Går det ens att "sparka av" en hoj i läget som visas? Ser mer ut som den lowsider för mig.

*Är det lämpligt att forcera när man ligger i ytterkurva? Alla vet att före + innerkurva bestämmer.

//A

De räsers ja känner menar på att det händer ofta och de själva har kört som Rossi, utan att blivit torpederad..

emullo

Gick med
3 Apr 2003
Hoj
Ducati Hypermotard 1100, Honda CBR 1000RR
Ett par öppna frågor:

//A

Det var inte sparken som han straffades för. Det var trängningen som var så genomskådat det kan bli.

silja

Gick med
16 Jan 2006
Hoj
Det var inte sparken som han straffades för. Det var trängningen som var så genomskådat det kan bli.

Straffet kan man läsa om här:
http://www.fim-live.com/en/article/malaysia-decision-of-race-direction/

En snabb översättning säger i början av "domen":

"Den 25 oktober, 2015 under MotoGP loppet Shell Malaysia Motorcycle Grand Prix, körde förare #46 Valentino Rossi medvetet brett i kurva 14 och tvingade en annan förare off-line, vilket resulterade i en kontakt som orsakade den andra föraren att krascha."

Straffet utdömdes för detta och inget annat!
Alltså, det nämns ingen spark. Slutsatsen blir att det inte förekom någon spark och så får Viasat Motors bisittare säga vad han vill....

JockeP22

Rak höger
Gick med
23 Jun 2007
Hoj
Jag håller på Rossi men den här petitionen är inte bra skriven.
De som skrivit den har försökt att få den att låta bra med fina ord och text
som ska antydas som fakta.
När det i många stycken bara är antaganden från någon utanför den
involverande cirkeln.
Som sagt den känns fel skriven och den kommer inte att hjälpa
ett dugg.

Klotgren

bilar hamnar till slut alltid i köer
Gick med
24 Aug 2009
Hoj
KTM 990SMR 2010
Sparken som Viasat motors bisittare är ganska ensam om att ha sett, nämns i petitionen men enligt skrivelsen så har någon spark aldrig skett. Läs och begrunda! Själv vet jag inte riktigt vad jag skall tro men jag har inte sett någon spark i alla fall och jag har varit professionell videoredigerare i 25 år!

[/B]

Alltså vad är det där för puckad kommentar?

Proffessionell videoredigerare? Hade varit bättre om du klämt in med proffessionel LIVEredigerare. OM du suttit där, med de bilder som erbjöds just då hade kanske du också sagt en och annan kommentar som kanske i efterhand inte var rätt.

Sen är jag rätt säker på att nästa gång Nikola råkar ut för en liknande händelse så kommer han att agera på ett helt annorlunda sätt baserad på den erfarenhet han nu skaffat sig.

Däremot!!! Om du nu är proffessionel videoredigerare - hur kan vi inom svensk RR utnyttja dig för att få ut vår sport bredare?

Last edited:

Ulvhamne

Kraschmongo
Gick med
16 Oct 2010
Hoj
Literklubba, tjejhundra, och pendlarmoppe

Proffessionell videoredigerare? Hade varit bättre om du klämt in med proffessionel LIVEredigerare. OM du suttit där, med de bilder som erbjöds just då hade kanske du också sagt en och annan kommentar som kanske i efterhand inte var rätt.

Sen är jag rätt säker på att nästa gång Nikola råkar ut för en liknande händelse så kommer han att agera på ett helt annorlunda sätt baserad på den erfarenhet han nu skaffat sig.

'Ja, under racet såg det ju ut som om Rossi sparkade på Marquez, och jag var grundligt skitbesviken på att han gjort något så ruttet. I efterhand och med noggrann studie av videos visar det sig ju vara en annan histora där Marquez snarare sin vana trogen kört in i någon annan och orsakat en krasch.

Kent W

Ny medlem
Gick med
6 Mar 2003
Hoj
NORTON 650SS -68 /Honda CB750 -70/-72/ CB650SC NIGHTHAWK -83/CBR900RR-92 Suzuki GSX-R 750w/1100w-92
"Obrut"
Förstår inte hur maniska rossi fans kan bli/är.....(spark eller inte vad det fulaste jag sett i motogp/gp500) nä fy fan för rossi!

Och du menar att MM borde få titeln "Årets justaste" förare?
/KentW

Last edited:

P-E

Gudomlig sporthojare
Gick med
16 Jan 2009
Hoj
ZX6R
Det har aldrig någonsin sett ut som en spark. Nikola och Tobias var dåliga redan innan men nu saknar jag ord. Är fan ärrad för livet av att höra Nikolas äckliga röst skrika "Han sparkade Marquez, han sparkade Marquex!" 50 gånger under samma race..

silja

Gick med
16 Jan 2006
Hoj

Däremot!!! Om du nu är proffessionel videoredigerare - hur kan vi inom svensk RR utnyttja dig för att få ut vår sport bredare?

Puckad eller inte? Jag vet vad jag såg i direktsändningen. Efter 25 år som redigerare på SVT sport och nyheter så har jag skaffat mig en del erfarenhet och är mycket van att se snabba och komplicerade händelseförlopp på en TV-skärm. Jag såg ingen spark.

Viasats kommentatorer är just detta och inget annat. Domare finns på annan plats vid arenorna. Man kan inte upprepa ett otal gånger att Rossi sparkade. Facit visar ju att det aldrig skedde. Det var ett dåligt jobb. För många tittare som inte följer sociala medier så finns alltså tron än idag att Rossi sparkade. Dessutom så vidhölls det söndagen 1/11 i en kommentar efter Formel 1 racet i Mexiko att Rossi sparkade! En vecka efter incidenten och då vi hade vi facit. Det kunde ju vara en inspelning som var gjord tidigare i vecka 44 som visades men då borde det aldrig ha sänts.

Svaret på din fråga om hur svensk RR kan utnyttja mig för att bredda intresset för motorcykelsport är, att det är redan gjort efter bästa förmåga under min tid på SVT sport och nyheter mellan 1982 och 2007. Tyvärr så funkar det så att en medarbetare i ett stort team (cirka 600 på SVT nyheter och sport) inte har speciellt stort inflytande på vad som visas i programmen. Nu är jag pensionär och har nogsamt sett till att jag inte har någon videoredigering i min dator. Då skulle jag aldrig komma utanför dörren!

Last edited:
Nyheter
Sex nya MC-stipendiater 2024

För tolfte året bidrar Sved...

Start2Ride tar bron över till Danmark

Efter flera års framgång i ...

Sex nya MC-stipendiater

Sex mc-stipendiater får cha...

Förlängd Husqvarna-garanti

Husqvarna Motorcycles erbju...

Förlängd Husqvarna-garanti

Husqvarna Motorcycles erbju...