carb balancer

Zantoz_SWE

Kiss my axe
Gick med
1 Apr 2009
Hoj
2005 R1
hi there,
does anyone have a carb/ throttle bodies balancer I could borrow? Maybe for a couple of days, or over the weekend.

Seems the R1 got the flu and I am trying to sort it out.

cheers

negliance

Von schneberger
Gick med
30 Jan 2009
Hoj
Ducati Monster m900
try sending R2 here on the site a pm . he made a carb balanser himself and it worked perfect.. maybe he can give you some help .. it was basicly a plastic hose with fluid in it and markings to keep track on things..

good luck

Thyg0d

One by one, the penguins steal my sanity
Gick med
22 Jul 2006
Hoj
Suzuki GSX 1300 R -99 BMW G650 XMoto
And always thought the ones with injectors had throttlebodies and not carbs... :hihi

Still need syncing though

Zantoz_SWE

Kiss my axe
Gick med
1 Apr 2009
Hoj
2005 R1
its got throttle bodies but its the exact same tool. Thats why I said carb/throttle bodies in the original message to AVOID the thread going into that direction :) of course I failed.

enhjuling

Gudomlig sporthojare
Gick med
23 Jul 2003
Hoj
R1200GS
You know that there was a recall for R1 -05 where they replaced the TPS ?
Is that done with your bike?

Zantoz_SWE

Kiss my axe
Gick med
1 Apr 2009
Hoj
2005 R1
You know that there was a recall for R1 -05 where they replaced the TPS ?
Is that done with your bike?

AHA!. I didnt know about that. Just checked online. Yes there was such a recall which might explain the problems I am having with the throttle. Not sure if It has been done on mine but I ll find out.
Thanks

by the way. The problem I am having is this. About 2-3 weeks ago, I noticed that when riding and revving up through 5000 rpms the bike would cut off for a second and then jump forward. As if you close and open the throttle very fast (or as if no fuel was fed in for a moment).

This happens about 30 minutes into the ride. The next time I went for a ride, it hit at 7000rpm so its not the same rpm number every time. And when I was coming home the bike just totally cut out!! Electronics, lights everything.!!!

I thought it was EXUP valve, but no. Then air-filter but no. So maybe its the TPS. I ll check that out.

Last edited:

Zantoz_SWE

Kiss my axe
Gick med
1 Apr 2009
Hoj
2005 R1
Also, is there a sure way I can find out if I have the old style TPS or the new TPS? I know its only the primary one that needed to be changed and I heard somewhere that the voltages may be different. I have also found some serial numbers.

Any other way?

enhjuling

Gudomlig sporthojare
Gick med
23 Jul 2003
Hoj
R1200GS
Also, is there a sure way I can find out if I have the old style TPS or the new TPS? I know its only the primary one that needed to be changed and I heard somewhere that the voltages may be different. I have also found some serial numbers.

Any other way?

I think they marked the bike with an extra star stamped by the framenumber.

Zantoz_SWE

Kiss my axe
Gick med
1 Apr 2009
Hoj
2005 R1
Back in action!!!!

Well folks, I am back in action. Just had the TPS fix from Yamaha (at no cost :tummenupp ) from Beviks and the bike is alive again.

Not sure how you understood that was the problem Stefan before I even describe the symptoms....but :Bugar

:tummenupp

Nyheter
Anmälan till 2024 års DGR öppen

Den 18 maj är det dags för ...

Ny majoritetsägare och styrelse för MV Agusta

Luca Martin, Hubert Trunken...

Ny Indian Scout på väg

Indian Motorcycle har bekrä...

Honda CB125R uppdaterad

24YM HONDA CB125R 2024 å...

Designtävling med Yamaha – Vinn en LEGO MT-10 SP!

Färglägg en XSR 900 GP &#82...

Designtävling med Yamaha – Vinn en LEGO MT-10 SP!

Färglägg en XSR 900 GP &#82...

Ny Indian Scout på gång

En ny version av Indian Sco...

Honda uppdaterar CB125R

24YM HONDA CB125R 2024 å...

Husqvarna Svartpilen 801!

Äntligen är den här, Husqva...

Färre stulna motorcyklar 2023

Varje år sammanställer Larm...