Tjena ! ( English boy in Stockhom )

Byreka

Ny medlem
Gick med
24 May 2008
Hoj
ZX9R F1
Hello, ( Im sorry for speaking English, i am still learning Swedish )

I moved to Stockholm January last year. I am originally from South Africa. I recently purchased my new ride ( I will add a picture below ). However, i still need to complete the Swedish theory test which is next month and all that before i can actually start enjoying it fully .

Is there any community here in Stockholm that can except a non-Swede :D ?

BR//
Jason

dsc00010mi8.jpg

dsc00006le2.jpg

Nicke

Raj raj raj
Gick med
9 Mar 2003
Hoj
SCOTT trampcykel :(, KTM 950SM 2006 såld, Triumph TT600 -01 såld, R1 -02 stulen
Do you have a license that you can use here and just start riding? (wondering since you wrote that you had a test etc.)

And, welcome!

Byreka

Ny medlem
Gick med
24 May 2008
Hoj
ZX9R F1
Tack Tack ! :D

I actually only have the Theory test next month. I had a license from South Africa, but not for a Class A. I am jumping from riding a 250cc 6 years ago to riding this beast !

I am removing the Yoshimura Exhaust system to reduce the power while i am still getting used to the 900 motor.

Any advise for the theory test ? :)

Aka . "the Shrimp" :yoparty

Last edited:

Biturbo

Min går i etthundra!
Gick med
29 Aug 2003
Hoj
KTM LC4
Tack Tack ! :D

I actually only have the Theory test next month. I had a license from South Africa, but not for a Class A. I am jumping from riding a 250cc 6 years ago to riding this beast !

I am removing the Yoshimura Exhaust system to reduce the power while i am still getting used to the 900 motor.

Any advise for the theory test ? :)

Aka . "the Shrimp" :yoparty

No, never mind removing the exhaust.

I dont know what the difference with or without the exhaust would be but it would not mage a huge difference, nonetheless. My guess is that it might even make the bike easier to drive with a extra amount of tourqe in the lower / mid range.

Regardless.. It's not worth the time and effort to remove it.

Edit; Welcome. :hej

Byreka

Ny medlem
Gick med
24 May 2008
Hoj
ZX9R F1
No, never mind removing the exhaust.

I dont know what the difference with or without the exhaust would be but it would not mage a huge difference, nonetheless. My guess is that it might even make the bike easier to drive with a extra amount of tourqe in the lower / mid range.

Regardless.. It's not worth the time and effort to remove it.

Edit; Welcome. :hej

Yes! You are totally correct. I took it for a not so legal very short ride and i handled the bike perfectly, same as a 250cc just a crap load more power :tummenupp

Now im just very anxious to get this theory test done and start riding!

Im addicted all over again :öl

Byreka

Ny medlem
Gick med
24 May 2008
Hoj
ZX9R F1
Im a little bit confused qhat the rules are regarding the procedure for getting my complete License ie. Can i ride with L (learner) plates after i pass the theory or can i only ride at a driving school ? :huvet

ladbol

Fighters dont quit, quiters don`t fight!
Gick med
23 Aug 2005
Hoj
Yzf 750r-93(SÅLD) GSX-R750-00
Im a little bit confused qhat the rules are regarding the procedure for getting my complete License ie. Can i ride with L (learner) plates after i pass the theory or can i only ride at a driving school ? :huvet

You can ride with a frienda as a teatcher even before u do the "teoriprov".
But u must first be approved and get a "övningskörnings tillstånd" for the A-license. And your friend whos gonna drive with you must allso be approved as a teatcher, there are a few demands thats is needed to qualify or get approvet.

I hope u understand my Swenglish :)

Byreka

Ny medlem
Gick med
24 May 2008
Hoj
ZX9R F1
You can ride with a frienda as a teatcher even before u do the "teoriprov".
But u must first be approved and get a "övningskörnings tillstånd" for the A-license. And your friend whos gonna drive with you must allso be approved as a teatcher, there are a few demands thats is needed to qualify or get approvet.

I hope u understand my Swenglish :)

Yes i understand perfectly :) I really should hurry up and learn Swedish!

I see and övningskörnings tillstånd is just the eye test ? I have done that already, i have "Permission" to do my theory.. I think i will have to join a school as soon as i can pay for it and do a "Intensive" training and then do the pratical test ( which seems not so hard ).

It might be that i have to put the bike in the garage until next spring so i can work on saving money and doing some of this training :huvet

:(

The rules are very strict here, but i guess it's good for safety!

Byreka

Ny medlem
Gick med
24 May 2008
Hoj
ZX9R F1
But if anyone has more than 4 years ride experience and a private instructors certificate or something like that :tummenupp

Send me a mail and we can go for a ride next weekend :D

English Bloke

Re-living the 80's
Gick med
21 Sep 2003
Hoj
GSX-R 750 1986, Yamaha RD350LC 1982, Triumph Bonneville 1969, etc. etc.

Dreggel

Alltid politiskt inkorrekt
Gick med
9 Jun 2007
Hoj
Suzuki GSXR750 1993/95, Suzuki GSXR1000 K6
But if anyone has more than 4 years ride experience and a private instructors certificate or something like that :tummenupp

Send me a mail and we can go for a ride next weekend :D

The thing is, that your private instructor has to get a specific certificate just for you. What you need to do is to find someone that is above 24 years old, have had his a-license for more than 5 years and no "shit" in the record when it comes to his drivers license. Then you have to send an application to "Länsstyrelsen" and get him approved as your private instructor. There's a small fee (I think it's 120 skr) for the certificate. Also expect up to 4 weeks before you get the certificate :näsblod

Also a thing to remember about your bike:
It needs to be registered at "Vägverket", you need a valid insurance, and the taxes have to be paid.
You are not allowed to have a vehicle registered as "in use" at vägverket without an insurance. In that case something called "Trafikförsäkringsföreningen" will automaticly become your insurance company and they will charge you the highest amount ever paid for a vehicle of the same class as yours + 10%, and you can't do shit about it.
Happened to me before I knew about it and I had to pay 8000 skr for a few weeks :näsblod

Byreka

Ny medlem
Gick med
24 May 2008
Hoj
ZX9R F1
The thing is, that your private instructor has to get a specific certificate just for you. What you need to do is to find someone that is above 24 years old, have had his a-license for more than 5 years and no "shit" in the record when it comes to his drivers license. Then you have to send an application to "Länsstyrelsen" and get him approved as your private instructor. There's a small fee (I think it's 120 skr) for the certificate. Also expect up to 4 weeks before you get the certificate :näsblod

Also a thing to remember about your bike:
It needs to be registered at "Vägverket", you need a valid insurance, and the taxes have to be paid.
You are not allowed to have a vehicle registered as "in use" at vägverket without an insurance. In that case something called "Trafikförsäkringsföreningen" will automaticly become your insurance company and they will charge you the highest amount ever paid for a vehicle of the same class as yours + 10%, and you can't do shit about it.
Happened to me before I knew about it and I had to pay 8000 skr for a few weeks :näsblod

Thanks for that advise! I think i will just wait and do an intensive training course at a approved driving school, to save all the trouble of doing private leasons but i want to do the theory test before i do the intensive course, also i hope and wonder if there are any driving schools or instructors that can teach me in english mainly and swedish.

I have insurance at the moment, just for theft because it's currently registered as "off" the road as i requested that until i start driving with a instructor, so i think that is done correctly:va .

Like i said before sadly though is that i might only complete the whole process ready for next Spring :huvet

Just got to find some storage close-by Hägersten. I dont like the idea of my baby being outside, and un-used for longer than a month...

Dafe

Gudomlig sporthojare
Gick med
10 Feb 2007
Hoj
KTM 690 Duke -10
Thanks for that advise! I think i will just wait and do an intensive training course at a approved driving school, to save all the trouble of doing private leasons but i want to do the theory test before i do the intensive course, also i hope and wonder if there are any driving schools or instructors that can teach me in english mainly and swedish.
QUOTE]

I'm not sure if you can do the theory test in english, I would check that out with vägverket. If you can't the best idea would be to buy test codes for the web. Their tests are similar to the theory test and you get an idea of how the questions gonna look. Ask any driving license school or sent me a pm I still got codes left.

//Dafe

Byreka

Ny medlem
Gick med
24 May 2008
Hoj
ZX9R F1
I'm not sure if you can do the theory test in english, I would check that out with vägverket. If you can't the best idea would be to buy test codes for the web. Their tests are similar to the theory test and you get an idea of how the questions gonna look. Ask any driving license school or sent me a pm I still got codes left.

//Dafe

Yes, i have to do it in Swedish..So i have bought two Swedish MC books and Road signs and so on..So i am kind of learning Swedish and the stuff i need to know for the test at the same time.. Good deal :)

I think i have some kind of option to have a translator but the goverment will not pay for it as MC's are seen as a Toy, not like a car.

The only codes i have are the ones i have in the MC book that i bought. I would be great to be able to get some more somewhere! Can anyone suggext any good "Mock" test questions ?

Thyg0d

One by one, the penguins steal my sanity
Gick med
22 Jul 2006
Hoj
Suzuki GSX 1300 R -99 BMW G650 XMoto
Of course you can do the theory test in English, you can even do it in arabic if you want... :D

Most driving schools sell "mock tests"...
Should cost aruond 200 SKr for 20 tests...
You do 'em online and are pretty good, same kind of questions..

www.vv.se (avail. in En) and www.korkort.com (Only swedish unfortunately)
can help you a bit but I'd get in touch with a driving school, eventhough
you don't take any lessons there they can help you...

Oh, and welcome!

Last edited:

Byreka

Ny medlem
Gick med
24 May 2008
Hoj
ZX9R F1
Of course you can do the theory test in English, you can even do it in arabic if you want... :D

Not for the Motorcycle theory test :( I have almost begged them , but there just is not a English motorcycle theory test, and they wont supply a translator either...

:huvet

And thanks :tummenupp

Thyg0d

One by one, the penguins steal my sanity
Gick med
22 Jul 2006
Hoj
Suzuki GSX 1300 R -99 BMW G650 XMoto
Not for the Motorcycle theory test :( I have almost begged them , but there just is not a English motorcycle theory test, and they wont supply a translator either...

:huvet

And thanks :tummenupp

Really?? That sounds really strange... *sigh*
Sometimes you start to wonder... :mad:
What :arsele ...

Well, it's a good way to learn Swedish... :D

Nyheter
Anmälan öppen till Husqvarna TREK 2024

Husqvarna TREK 2024 –...

Snart dags för ”We Ride As One”

Den 4 maj är det åter dags ...

Nyheter från skinnjätten Dainese!