"Bästa" ursäkterna 2007?

Gustav O

T.R.Ö.T.T.
Gick med
7 Mar 2003
Hoj
Yamaha TZ-M250 96
Ingen ursäkt men Wests prat låter mest som munväder, inför slutfasen av 2008.

“This time away from the pressures of the racetrack has been pretty short, but it has allowed me to think things through and the conclusion is that the results during the first half of the year are well below what I'm capable of.

“I know that I can finish higher up the order on the Ninja ZX-RR, and we've seen this a couple of times already, but I need to be finishing in the top ten more consistently during the second half of the season.

“The break has been an ideal opportunity to recharge the batteries, and I'm heading back to Europe determined to finish the second part of the season with better results, starting this weekend in Brno."

Gustav O

T.R.Ö.T.T.
Gick med
7 Mar 2003
Hoj
Yamaha TZ-M250 96
West gör en Ellison 2006 revival. Allt är Kawasakis fel, de lyssnade inte och sa att han haft rätt på säsongens sista race etc etc.
Från www.superbikeplanet.com

Anthony West's dream of being a MotoGP rider turned into a nightmare in 2008 when the Kawasaki was shown to be uncompetitive and the team was unable to fix the bike while at the same time racing in the world championship. Soup saw him today in Portugal and grabbed a quick interview.

Q The whole MotoGP season was a disappointment. You're a good rider. It's unfortunate the way it worked out.

A Yeah, yeah. It was real disappointing, because I expected so much this year out of the bike, and how good it went last year, when I first dropped on, I was top ten. I had some good races. And then - so I expected more this year, and it just never happened. They never - never developed the bike the way I wanted, and they never really listened to me in the beginning, until sort of halfway through the season they actually started to realize I'm not talking shit when I'm telling them what's wrong with the bike. They finally started to listen a little bit, but it's a bit too late. They said they're building a bike for the way I like it, but it's not going to be ready 'til next year, and I'm not riding it, so it's no use to me.

Q Did they expect Superman performance on the bike? What were they basing it on, the idea that you were doing poorly? I don't understand. Because Hopkins wasn't performing any miracles on it either.

A Exactly. I don't know. I guess they need to blame someone, and that's me. They think - they always seemed to think their bike was perfect. Hopefully now they're finally starting to realize it's not, because our results haven't been good, and Hopkins hasn't been so good either, and he was fourth last year, and many times on the podium. Yeah. We both struggled on it, and both had a lot of crashes. It was just a difficult season for both of us.

Q Were the bike problems just issues with the front end going into the corner, as was reported?

A It would change on how the bike was set up, but it's - it's just the balance of the bike is all wrong, and they're never going to fix it with just setting it up, with changing suspension. That was the problem. We kept trying to tell them to change the frame, and change this and that, but they wouldn't listen. Or wouldn't listen to me, because I guess I haven't been in MotoGP long enough for them to listen to me. And then finally at the end of the season, last race, the Japanese actually said, "Oh, yeah, we should've listened to you," because everything I've said's been correct. They finally realized that. It took them all season, but...

Q It's got to be frustrating when they would finally say that to you after everything you put in, and got thrown down the road a few times trying to make them happy.

A Yes. Yes.

Q Trying to make them happy.

A Yeah, it sort of pissed me off. But like - yeah, because they finally come to me and said, "Yeah, we should've listened to you in the beginning, and everything that you've said for the season on data and everything, it's been 100% correct on what's wrong with the bike, and we're building a bike for the way you - for your request next year, but sorry, you're not going to be riding it." So it's just been frustrating, because they haven't done enough keep going forward like all the other manufacturers have. So it's just frustrating for us riding the bike. You lose confidence when you already know they're not doing enough to make it go faster, and we're busting our balls trying to ride it.

Q From a rider's standpoint, if they're not trying to build any confidence in you ...

A Yeah. Like if they're coming with parts every weekend, and if they're not working, at least you know they're trying to do something. But -

Q But there weren't parts coming every weekend? You got two major revisions during the season, right?

A I wouldn't say that, no.

Q Really?

A No. I would say we went back to what we had last year. But it's a long story, and I don't really want to say anything bad about Kawasaki. But the revisions that we had were nothing, really. It was basically back to what we know works. Nothing new on the bike.

Q John had some issues on and off the track. He was injured, and he had the paddock incident at Misano or wherever it was. How did that affect the team?

A For sure it didn't do the team any good. Because I don't know. All the mechanics I work with - because I worked with John's side as well, before I switched to the other side - all the mechanics are great guys, and they all work really hard, and they don't make many mistakes. But you can just sort of feel in the team, everyone's a bit disappointed, because Kawasaki don't - just haven't - I don't know. They feel, as well, that they're not wanting to win as much as the other guys do. Like they're there racing, and they're putting a lot of money into it, but they just feel like they're not developing enough to want to win.

Q The passion and the desire perhaps isn't there as it is with other teams.

A Yeah. Yeah. And that's how the whole team, I think, feels, a little bit, as well. And yeah, it just - it's shit when the whole team feels like that. We're just sort of like, "Yeah, this is what we've got, and this is what we have to work with," and we just try and do the best we can each time, but we know we're not going to be at the front, because nothing's changing. So yeah. For everyone it's difficult, and yeah, with things, with John and that, I don't know. He just didn't seem as happy as what he did when he was with Suzuki, as well. It's just made the year even harder for him, and for me.

Q But you're back into a good situation for next year. Back in World Supersport now on a Stiggy Honda.

A Yeah. Should be competitive. I've ridden here before. It's pretty exciting racing here. It's like 125s in GP and that. I'm just looking for a good year, and just to be happy again, because last - this year was - like a great experience, and I'm happy Kawasaki gave me that opportunity to ride MotoGP, and if I had the chance I would still ride with them again. But I'd definitely do it differently. I'd definitely push them a lot harder. And now that I have the experience and be confident that I know what I'm saying's right. Because I've realized that everything I said to them was right. But I'm just looking forward to having a good year next year. And yeah. To have a bit of fun again racing.

Macke

Typiskt....
Gick med
6 Mar 2003
Hoj
Honda CBR1000RR TKR
Q John had some issues on and off the track. He was injured, and he had the paddock incident at Misano or wherever it was. How did that affect the team?

Paddock incident? :confused:
Har jag missat nåt? :va

Edit:
Hittade nåt om att den påstådda revbensskadan egentligen var nåt bråk med frugan som han fick jaga efter till flygplatsen.... :confused:

LaGazzetta dello sport

Lite babelfishande så blev det någorlunda läsbart...

Last edited:

#space

Gudomlig sporthojare
Gick med
28 Jun 2005
Hoj
Gsx-r 1000 Racehoj
"I don't really want to say anything bad about Kawasaki."

Efter att i slutet av texten läst citatet ovan, så frågar man ju sig om West varit full under intervjun och inte vet vad han säger?

Eller upplever West sig som flera personligheter en god och en ond ? Vilket kan ställa till det ordentligt i framtiden..!

Last edited:

Macke

Typiskt....
Gick med
6 Mar 2003
Hoj
Honda CBR1000RR TKR
"I don't really want to say anything bad about Kawasaki."

Efter att i slutet av texten läst citatet ovan, så frågar man ju sig om West varit full under intervjun och inte vet vad han säger?

Eller upplever West sig som flera personligheter en god och en ond ? Vilket kan ställa till det ordentligt i framtiden..!

Alltid roligt att se förare försöka dissa team eller tillverkare för att få dom själva att hamna i bättre dager. Men samtidigt inte för mycket, så att man bränner några broar eller skaffar sig ett rykte som gnällspik. Man vet ju aldrig vem som sitter på andra sidan förhandlingsbordet nästa gång.....
Det är en svår balansgång....

Själv tycker jag det är svårt att skylla allt för mycket på materialet så länge man har en teampolare som kör fortare på samma material...

#space

Gudomlig sporthojare
Gick med
28 Jun 2005
Hoj
Gsx-r 1000 Racehoj
Själv tycker jag det är svårt att skylla allt för mycket på materialet så länge man har en teampolare som kör fortare på samma material...

Precis!

West har såklart en hel del frustration som måste ut. Men välj för guds skull nått annat sätt för din egna skull folk kommer att läsa det här, tänker jag.

Alla tillomed Kawasaki skulle inte bry sig om West gick ut med typ:

" Jag kröp ner under kåpglaset varje träning, varje kval och varje race och gjorde mitt bästa av matrialet,men det var ett tufft år för alla i teamet."

Det behövs liksom inte mer då Kawasaki själva vet att gjorde misstag inför MGP 2008..

oscar

lök
Gick med
6 Mar 2003
Hoj
Honda SFX
Det behövs liksom inte mer då Kawasaki själva vet att gjorde misstag inför MGP 2008..

Frågan är hur de kan göra ett sådant misstag på den nivån? West får(fick) köra, men inte Spies tex?! Pengar inblandade såklart, men skillnaden är ju fånigt stor.

Gustav O

T.R.Ö.T.T.
Gick med
7 Mar 2003
Hoj
Yamaha TZ-M250 96
Ellison is back. :)

“There is quite a bit wrong with the settings at the moment, so hopefully that big change will make a massive difference and we can start running at the front like we should be.”

Nyheter
Peter kör nya Svartpilen 801

Bara några kilometer från a...

En helt ny Husqvarna!

Bara några kilometer från a...

Anmälan öppen till Ducatis DRE Adventure 2024

För sjunde gången i ordning...

Anmälan till Start2Ride 2024 har öppnat

Screenshot Nu har biljet...

Anmälan öppen till Husqvarna TREK 2024

Husqvarna TREK 2024 –...

Snart dags för ”We Ride As One”