UK trip to collect bikes

Brit

Is lost in translation...
Gick med
9 May 2007
Hoj
Something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue
I have a bike in Leeds that i want to bring to Sweden. Is there any possibility for this?

Leeds is quite far from Cardiff, if you got the bike delivered to my secure storage in Cardiff I could bring it back.
Im based in Kristianstad, that's quite a drive for you :)

Last edited:

Nickeh

Medlem
Gick med
20 Jul 2009
Hoj
Nuvarande: Yamaha FZ8-N 2014, Tidigare: KTM 625 SMC -07, KTM 625 SC -02
I can drive it down to cardiff, I work all over the UK and kristiansstad could be a nice roadtrip :)

If i don´t have any possibility to drive it down, how much would it cost for you to pick it up there? Do you drive down there alone and when is your next trip down?

Brit

Gick med
9 May 2007
Hoj
Leeds is quite far from Cardiff, if you got the bike delivered to my secure storage in Cardiff I could bring it back.
Im based in Kristianstad, that's quite a drive for you :)

I will PM you my number and you are welcome to call later or tomorrow morning but... if you can get the bike to cardiff over the next 2 weeks I can bring it back.
to get it from Leeds, it would cost me more in fuel than transportation firms charge.
There are lots of companies in UK that do bike transport for small amounts.

I have a bike here in my garage from my last trip that will be collected after the TT trip :)

Brit

Gick med
9 May 2007
Hoj
Can you bring back parts from UK to?!

Within reason, really depends on what and the size as all extra space is taken up with Asda/Tesco shopping bags filled with Marmite :)

Im making frequent trips there so Im sure something can be worked out

Brit

Gick med
9 May 2007
Hoj
Just a short note to say that I don’t have space left for bikes on this trip but I will be making another trip at the end of June…

conkers

Ny medlem
Gick med
9 Sep 2010
Hoj
Triumph Daytona 955i Centennial Edition 2002. Norton Commando '69 Cafe
Hey Andy... hope that the IOM is being kind to you.

Are you ok picking up the plastic wheel spats from Interpro or shall I try to get Dad to meet you somewhere?

I know you said to phone you, but if you let me know whats best for you then I'll get it arranged.

Mike.

Brit

Gick med
9 May 2007
Hoj
Hello Mike,

I did call/email you to arrange something as I have been in Cardiff since Friday and off to the TT tomorrow.
but... Im back on the 10th and back to Sweden a few days later and I would be happy to bring those parts back for you.
I think I sent you my UK number, get your dad to call me and we can arrange something Im sure.
If you want an address in cardiff, I can give you one to drop the parts off while Im in the TT.

Last edited:

English Bloke

Re-living the 80's
Gick med
21 Sep 2003
Hoj
GSX-R 750 1986, Yamaha RD350LC 1982, Triumph Bonneville 1969, etc. etc.
....depends on what and the size as all extra space is taken up with Asda/Tesco shopping bags filled with Marmite :)

A man with good taste, I see. I'd order a bagful for myself if I lived a bit closer.
Have a good TT.

conkers

Ny medlem
Gick med
9 Sep 2010
Hoj
Hello Mike,

I did call/email you to arrange something as I have been in Cardiff since Friday and off to the TT tomorrow.
but... Im back on the 10th and back to Sweden a few days later and I would be happy to bring those parts back for you.
I think I sent you my UK number, get your dad to call me and we can arrange something Im sure.
If you want an address in cardiff, I can give you one to drop the parts off while Im in the TT.

I just spoke to Dad and he is going to give you a call to touch base.

Thanks for helping out...

Mike.

conkers

Ny medlem
Gick med
9 Sep 2010
Hoj
Did you get the message Dad left on your answerphone?

Call him (Andy Billett) on: +44 7774 178381

Mike

Brit

Gick med
9 May 2007
Hoj
Did you get the message Dad left on your answerphone?

Call him (Andy Billett) on: +44 7774 178381

Mike

Nope, nothing heard from your dad but I will call him once the TT is over as Im back on the mainland this Friday and departing from sweden on Monday for a rest!

conkers

Ny medlem
Gick med
9 Sep 2010
Hoj
Nope, nothing heard from your dad but I will call him once the TT is over as Im back on the mainland this Friday and departing from sweden on Monday for a rest!

Dad said he will try to call you again on Thursday and Friday....

He didn't leave a message as he didn't understand the swedish lady on the automated message! he he.....

Hope the weather is being kind to you over there..!

Mike.

Brit

Gick med
9 May 2007
Hoj
Dad said he will try to call you again on Thursday and Friday....

He didn't leave a message as he didn't understand the swedish lady on the automated message! he he.....

Hope the weather is being kind to you over there..!

Mike.

Strange as there are no missed calls on my Swede mob, best use the UK number I gave as Im not carrying the Swede one with me.
I will send it again via PM for you to pass it on.

Weather is tops apart from a bit of rain last night, last race for us tomorrow as we are leaving Friday morning.

Brit

Gick med
9 May 2007
Hoj
Back from UK and it was quite an full trip as I delivered a bike to UK, brought 2 bikes back and some parts for sporthoj members and brought some bikes back for myself - watch the for sale section soon if you are looking for a 675, Str or a nice cheap track bike :tummenupp

While at the TT I met up with a few friends along with another sporthoj member whose bike I brought back on my last trip – pleasure to meet you mate

Mike, your parts are with me and we just need to sort out the logistics of getting them to you…

I'm off to UK again in a few weeks time

miomit

Azzazzin
Gick med
26 Sep 2008
Hoj
KTM SDR -18, Yamaha 750 seca -82 Scrambler
Back from UK and it was quite an full trip as I delivered a bike to UK, brought 2 bikes back and some parts for sporthoj members and brought some bikes back for myself - watch the for sale section soon if you are looking for a 675, Str or a nice cheap track bike :tummenupp

While at the TT I met up with a few friends along with another sporthoj member whose bike I brought back on my last trip – pleasure to meet you mate

Mike, your parts are with me and we just need to sort out the logistics of getting them to you…

I'm off to UK again in a few weeks time
Thanx for all the help and for bringing my bike home.

Great service! :tummenupp

Talk to you soon

ZigBee

Ny medlem
Gick med
25 Aug 2007
Hoj
-07, KTM SuperDuke R & -07 KTM SD
I am going to drive to Uk ( Salisbury) from Jönköping in a minivan with my bike. Do anyone want to get a ride to Uk? For example to collect a bike and drive it home? Send me a PM(personal message) here.

PatrickR6

Blå Vit !
Gick med
22 Sep 2008
Hoj
CB1000R
Hello !
I am looking to buy a Z1000 2010 from Uk soon, Is there any chance in the future o ride with you if you are going there ?

Brit

Gick med
9 May 2007
Hoj
Didn’t see this as I just drove to UK and got here yesterday but I will post if I have another trip planned

Nyheter
Peter kör nya Svartpilen 801

Bara några kilometer från a...

En helt ny Husqvarna!

Bara några kilometer från a...

Anmälan öppen till Ducatis DRE Adventure 2024

För sjunde gången i ordning...

Anmälan till Start2Ride 2024 har öppnat

Screenshot Nu har biljet...

Anmälan öppen till Husqvarna TREK 2024

Husqvarna TREK 2024 –...

Snart dags för ”We Ride As One”